Stress can make you age faster
The body is very clever at how it deals with everyday pressures of life whether they are externally through life circumstances or internally through suboptimal health. Although the body can generally adapt itself to ‘cope’, unfortunately the body’s response to pressures from a situation or life event can end in stress.
Stress presents itself in many different ways:
- Sleep Disturbances
- Mood Swings
- Feeling Agitated
- Tensions in various parts of the body
- Memory issues
- Eating distrurbances
Both long term and short-term stress have been shown to lead to premature ageing as well as more serious health issues.
On the ageing front, some wrinkles, loss of elasticity and pigmentation can all be as a result of stress.
As much as these are often resolvable through aesthetic treatments and medical grade skincare, it is advisable to look at the cause of the stress in your life and find ways in which you can reduce it.
Whether you feeling stressed is recent or whether you have ongoing stress and know this is how you feel most of the time, there are lots of little tweaks you can do to lessen the stress:
- My number one tip is talking, talk to the people around you. They may just be an ear to listen but there’s a chance they may be able help to create solutions.
- Delegate where possible; get food deliveries to save time, get the kids to help tidy / clean etc… chores are a great life lesson for kids, get a cleaner if it’s financially possible, hire a self-employed virtual assistant to lighten the workload.
- Try meditating or other activities that work on clearing your mind or focusing on your breath. If this doesn’t float your boat, any activity that gives you some ‘you time’ will do like a long uninterrupted soak in the bath or stroll in the fresh air.
- Add a part time, at home, flexible side hustle if it’s financial stress.
There are many, many ways to reduce stress, it depends on the reasons causing it but one thing I will say is…
You can’t give from an empty cup and can only give as much as you’ve got, so please don’t put yourself at the bottom of the pile. Make yourself a priority.
If you would like help resolving wrinkles, loss of elasticity, loss of facial volume or pigmentation please contact using the form below, we have options available to use at home as well as in clinic.