You will start to see results within a week of treatment. A course of three treatments is normally recommended for optimal results.
The results are permanent as your own collagen is produced, however, it is recommended to have regular maintenance treatments due to the nature of the ageing process and environmental damage reoccurring.
Mild discomfort can be experienced during treatment, however a topical numbing cream is applied to the skin before the treatment to prevent pain.
It is common to have warm, tingly, red and dry skin for a few days after treatment.
A high factor UVA/UVB sun block is recommended to protect the skin following treatment.
No – Microneedling is not suitable for patients who:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have a history of immunosupression.
- Have active eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea or other chronic skin conditions in the areas to be treated.
- Have an infection, open wounds, cut, abrasion or sunburn at the site of treatment.
- Have raised moles, warts or lesions within the site to be treated.
- Are prone to hypertrophic scarring.
- Have active Herpes Simplex or Zoster infections at the site of treatment; treatment can trigger breakouts for patients whom are prone to these infections.
- Are taking blood thinning medication including aspirin, warfarin.
- Are taking over the counter medication which may thin the blood including Vitamin E, St. John’s Wart, Omega-3, Cod liver oil, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba.
- Have taken Roaccutane within the last six months.
- Have had a chemical peel within the last two weeks.
- Have had radiation to the area to be treated within the last year.